PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US.
We invite you to tell us about your experience at St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake
St. Joseph’s General Hospital (SJGH) is committed to listening to our patients and learning from their experiences. We therefore believe that your feedback, whether it’s a compliment or complaint, is an opportunity for us to learn and to improve the quality of the care that we provide to our patients.
We are committed to relationships based on mutual respect, dignity and trust. Our processes are based on knowledge, collaboration and fairness.
We promise to:
- Listen to your concerns in a respectful and supportive environment
- Facilitate communication, acting as a bridge between patients/families and our staff/physicians
- Receive compliments and share them with the appropriate Manager/Director who will then share them with the team/staff involved.
- Strive to improve the overall care experience of patients and families by recommending system improvements.
We are listening. Below are answers to commonly asked questions:
Who should I contact regarding a complaint, compliment or comment regarding an aspect of the care I received at SJGH?
- We suggest that where possible, you first share your experience with a member of the team involved in your care or with the unit Manager. If this is not possible, you may contact the Patient Relations Officer in person, through mail or email.
What can I expect if I want to make a complaint or share a concern?
- You can expect to be treated with respect, dignity and courtesy. You can expect to be able to speak openly and freely about your concerns and will be asked to tell your story from your perspective. The Patient Relations Officer will explain the hospital’s complaint process to you.
Can I make a complaint or share a concern if I am not the patient?
- Yes, but consent is required from the patient or the Substitute Decision Maker (SDM) before we are able to share information specific to that patient’s care/treatment.
I am afraid that if I complain, things will be worse for me or my family.
- It is understandably natural to feel that way. We look at feedback as an opportunity to improve the care we provide to our patients. Disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated at any time.
How can I contact the Patient Relations Officer?
By Telephone: 705-848-7182 ext. 2419 If we are unavailable to take your call, please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible
In Writing: Attn: Patient Relations Officer, St. Joseph’s General Hospital, 70 Spine Road, Elliot Lake, ON, P5A 1X2
In Person: Please call at 705-848-7182 Ext. 2419 to arrange an appointment
The Patient Relations Officer supports patients and their families who receive care at the hospital.
Monday – Friday (Excluding holidays) 8:00AM. – 4:00PM