Be prepared when being admitted and discharged from St. Joseph's General Hospital by following these guidelines;
- Your current Ontario Health Card and all relevant private insurance information which covers semi-private or private accommodation.
- A list of medications and dosages that you are presently taking. Include those you buy without a prescription and all herbal medicines. Please leave your medication at home.
- Housecoat and non-slip footwear
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, hair brush, body lotion, shaving supplies, and any other toiletry item that you use daily
- Facial tissues, sanitary items
- Pen or pencil
- Your cane, walker, wheelchair or other assistive device that you use.
- If you are admitted and your vehicle is in the parking lot, please arrange to have someone pick up your vehicle and return in to your residence. There is a toll charge if leaving the Pay Parking lot.
Do NOT Bring
- Valuables such as jewelry, cash greater than $20.00, or credit cards. Leave these at home or with a family member or friend.
- Electrical devices such as TV’s or computers
ST. JOSEPH’S GENERAL HOSPITAL IS A PUBLIC BUILDING. THE HOSPITAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CASH OR PERSONAL BELONGINGS THAT MAY GO MISSING FROM YOUR BEDSIDE.
Planning for discharge will begin at the time of your admission. Your health team, in collaboration with you and your family, will determine when you are ready to go home. You will be given specific instructions to follow once you leave the St. Joseph's General Hospital. You may also be given a prescription for your medication. For best care, have all of your prescriptions filled by the same pharmacy.
Discharge time is 11:00 a.m. if you are being discharged home, please make arrangements for a family member or friend to pick you up by discharge time so that other patients requiring admission can be accommodated. If your pick up is delayed, you may be asked to pack your belongings and wait in a chair so that housekeeping staff can prepare the bed room for the next patient.
PLEASE REMEMBER: DISCHARGE TIME IS 11:00 A.M.