The Home offers three rates of payment for accommodation; basic, semiprivate and private rate. A set number of rooms are classified to each rate as designated by the MOHLTC.
All resident room rates are set by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care on a yearly basis. The current rates can be found on the MOHLTC webiste www.health.gov.on.ca
Persons occupying a basic accommodation may qualify for a subsidized rate. Determination is made upon admission through a Rate Reduction Application. This application is completed by the Business Office upon your request. If you are requesting a rate reduction, you will need to provide the Business Office with your previous years Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada (Income Tax Summary). Completion of this application must be repeated each year.
Are reviewed when a resident is admitted. Arrangements for accommodation and service fees can be made through the SJGH business office.
Personal Trust Accounts
A personal trust account is recommended for every resident. The Home will maintain a noninterest bearing account on behalf of the resident at no charge. Personal trust funds are available for withdrawal during business hours on weekdays. The resident or their legal Power of Attorney must sign for all cash withdrawals and will receive a copy of the receipt. The resident or their legal representative can set up and access their trust account with the Administrative Assistant.
Accommodation Services Provided Free of Charge
Programs and services coordinated through the Home and provided free of charge include:
- Prescription drugs and treatments listed in the Drug Benefit Formulary. A dispensing fee of $2.00 per prescription is charged in particular situations.
- Nonprescription drugs, medication and treatment products, and supplies obtained through Ontario Government Pharmaceutical and Medical Supply Service when obtained at no cost to the Manor.
- Some special preparations or medical devices may be obtained from the Ontario Drug Benefit Program with special authorization.
- Nursing and personal care on a 24hour basis, including care given by or under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the administration of medications, treatments and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Medical care by physicians and nurse practitioner.
- Equipment for general use including: special mattresses, wheelchairs, geriatric chairs, canes, walkers, toilet aids and other selfhelp aids for the activities of daily living. Resident requiring ongoing daily use equipment are encouraged to purchase/be fitted for need special to the individual through Occupational Therapy assessment.
- Medical devices, such as catheters and colostomy and ilieostomy devices.
- Restorative Therapy & supplies
- Supplies and equipment for personal hygiene and grooming, including skin care lotions, shampoos, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, denture cups, toilet tissue, facial tissue and combs. In addition, disposable products to manage incontinence are provided.
- High intensity needs are addressed through special Ministry application.
- Social, recreational and physical activities.
- Social Work Services available to advocate on behalf of the residents or to provide one to one counseling.
- Laundry, including labeling, machine washing, drying and delivery of personal clothing.
- Beds, bed rails, bedside table, chair, bedding and linen, fire resistant mattress and pillows.
- Cleaning of accommodations.
- Use of appropriate room for family gatherings.
- Free WIFI – request room specific password from staff.
- Dental/oral annual exam, in home visiting service
Accommodation Costs Do Not Include:
- Alcoholic beverages
- In room telephone
- Cable television
- Internet cable hookup
- Dry cleaning
- Assistive devices wheelchairs, lounge chairs, walkers, special mobility aids
- Eye glasses
- Transportation and attendant services e.g. parabus, taxi services, etc.
- Dental/oral procedures by visiting service
- Advanced foot care