If you are looking for that Special Place, where you can demonstrate your outstanding, clinical skills; make a significant difference in a community where healthcare is at the forefront; where you can contribute in a very meaningful way to the well-being of that community while working with some of the best and the brightest healthcare professionals that Northern Ontario has to offer in one of the most picturesque communities in Northern Ontario, then you need to consider this opportunity at
St. Joseph’s General Hospital in Elliot Lake, Ontario
Right now we are looking for Registered Nurses to join our team.
Full-time and Part-time positions available in acute care units.
Ensures the delivery of professional nursing care by utilizing evidence based nursing practice and by:
- Establishing, providing, and evaluating clinical nursing care to patients and family
- Demonstrating critical thinking in the nursing process while collecting and interpreting data, planning, implementing, and evaluating all aspects of nursing care
- Practicing to the full scope of practice of the Registered Nurse within own level of competence
- Possessing the knowledge, skill and judgment needed to provide competent, evidence-based nursing practice that complies with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) Standards of Nursing Practice, SJGHEL Policies and Procedures as well as the standards of care appropriate to his/her area of clinical practice.
- Demonstrating SJGHEL values of Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Sacredness of Life and Social Responsibility in his/her nursing practice
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Demonstrated excellent communication (both written and verbal) and leadership skills
- Proficient I.V. Therapy skills
- B.C.L.S. certification (*A.C.L.S. required for ER/ICU)
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM AND BRING YOUR TALENT TO ELLIOT LAKE?
- You will have access to ongoing opportunities for continuing education, training and professional development
- You will make a difference your Hospital and exceptional healthcare are the primary focus of the community
- You will be part of a distinguished Healthcare organization with over 60 years of serving its community
We would like to thank all who apply.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake (SJGHEL) is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part the SJGHEL hiring process.