St. Joseph’s General Hospital has provided care for the residents of Elliot Lake and the North Shore since 1958.
Over the years, we have evolved to keep up with the advances in health care and continue to meet the needs of our changing community. Elliot Lake was once a bustling mining town and is now a flourishing retirement centre. We are proud to offer you and your family convenient access to services not available anywhere else on the North Shore.
Our mission is to build on the legacy of our Catholic Founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie, and continue the healing ministry of Jesus, serving all who come to us for care.
Our vision is to be recognized as leaders in Northern health service integration.
- Integrity: We will follow through on our commitments and remain accountable for our attitudes and our actions.
- Respect: We value each other’s time and opinions and treat each other as we would like to be treated.
- Compassion:We will show kindness, caring and a willingness to help others, without judgement.
- Sacredness of Life:We will ensure dignity and respect for life from conception to natural death.
- Social Responsibility:We will create conditions for marginalized voices to be heard, defend the vulnerable, and advocate for social justice.