- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy Technician program approved by the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Proof of current Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Knowledge of, and willingness to support SJGHEL’s Mission, Vision & Values of Compassion, Humility & Harmony, Respect, Integrity, Social Responsibility and The Sacredness of Life
- Ability to prepare I.V. mixtures, TPN solutions, and chemotherapeutic agents requiring aseptic techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and record-keeping skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in dispensing drugs
- Ability to interact with team members and clients in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and manage high volume workload
Skills and Abilities Considered an Asset
- Excellent attendance record
- Experience with Meditech Pharmacy module
- Practical pharmacy experience (hospital setting preferred)
- General: Employee Assistance Program
- Full-Time: This position includes a comprehensive benefits package with pension (HOOPP), Extended Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Care, Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance(s)
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake (SJGHEL) is committed to providing a safe, healthy workplace that promotes high job satisfaction and a respectful work environment. We believe that to do so it is necessary to conduct business in an open and ethical manner. We accomplish this by creating a workplace built on accountability and our Values of Compassion, Humility & Harmony, Respect, Integrity, Social Responsibility and The Sacredness of Life. It is the responsibility of every employee to understand and conduct themselves in a manner commensurate with these Values.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the SJGHEL hiring process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Please submit your application to Human Resources.
Please submit your application in .docx or .pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sjghel.