Welcome to the St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake website.
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake is a 54-bed full service acute care facility including a 24-hour Emergency Department, an Intensive care Unit, Obstetrical and Outpatient services.
The Oaks Centre is a 68-bed residential substance abuse treatment centre comprised of two services: Withdrawal Management Services (Detox) and Residential Treatment Services (Camillus Centre)
St Joseph’s Manor is a 64-bed Long Term Care Facility.
These three facilities are commonly referred to in the abbreviated form “SJGHEL”. SJGHEL is the largest employer in Elliot Lake employing approximately 350 professional, administrative, and operational staff. We are proud of the First-Class Health Care services we provide in all our facilities.
Our Leadership team encourages our employees to ensure our organizational values of Compassion, Humility and Harmony, Respect, Integrity, Social Responsibility and The Sacredness of Life are evident in all facets of our service delivery.
- Compassion: We will show kindness, caring, and a willingness to help others, without judgement.
- Humility & Harmony: We will lead and care with humility, putting the interest of others first to help build unity.
- Respect: We value each other’s time and opinions and treat each other as we would like to be treated.
- Integrity: We will follow through on our commitments and remain accountable for our attitudes and our actions.
- Social Responsibility: We will create conditions for marginalized voices to be heard, defend the vulnerable, and advocate for social justice.
- The Sacredness of Life: We will ensure dignity and respect for life from conception to natural death.
- The Hospital
- Ambulatory Care
- Infusion Clinic
- Clinical Dietician
- Continuing Care Unit
- Diabetes Education Program
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Discharge Planning
- Emergency Department
- General Surgery
- Hospice Suite
- Human Resources
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Medical Records
- Medical Surgical
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Palliative Care
- Social Work
- Spiritual and Religious Care
- Visiting Specialists